Gülümseme ve Zeytin Yardimlaşma ve Dayanişma Derneği (GvZ) is a non-profit, non-governmental civil society organization that has been supporting the most marginalized and desperate Syrians affected by conflict in Turkey and Syria. Since the beginning, GvZ believes that its role is to create avenues to empower those affected by the conflict by developing their skills and reviving their sense of humanity and dignity. Through its community centers, GvZ provides women, youth, and marginalized groups with a range of various humanitarian services such as relief aid, protection, education programs, and networking with other humanitarian actors on how to advocate for issues deemed essential to highlight. To that end, GvZ strives to continue sharpening the skills of Syrians to partake in the peacebuilding process in Syria and actively advocate for a democracy reflecting a diverse yet socially coherent society.
M&E Assistant will mainly be working with M&E Officer and will be responsible of Verify the data received from the field and its suitability for use, and prepare reports based on this information.
Job Title: M&E Assistant (Female Only)
Line Manager: M&E Officer and Area Manager
Contract: 6 Months Subject to extension
Location: Jarabulus – Syria.
Duties, Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Verify the data received from the field and its suitability for use, and prepare reports based on this information.
· Daily Monitoring of project activities and providing the M&E Officer with a report at the end of the day.
· Receiving data from the field and archiving it in the databases
· Management of information collected through the feedback and complaints mechanism
· Work with the M&E Officer for updating the monitoring and evaluation results and IPTT
· Follow up the work in line with the M&E plans for the project and check the progress made at the level of work
· Conducting PDM surveys at the end of the project
Qualifications and Experience:
· University degree in Business Administration, International Relations or equivalent.
· At least two years of professional experience in the same work environment.
· advanced training courses in social sciences, political science, international affairs, emergency management, or other related fields.
· Familiar with the context of NGO work
· Technical knowledge about emergency response projects
· Working ability with tight deadlines and in a fast growing/changing program environment.
· Strategic thinking.
· Priority will be given to applicants from program location, Jarabulus
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with (GVZ- M&E) in the subject of their email.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.