- Solidarités International
CONTEXT OF THE CONSULTANCY
Date : 15th of November 2021
Project : WASH, Health and Protection
Title: Support to grant management
This Expression of Interest solicitation is open to all eligible consultants, in accordance with SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL procedures.
Type and content of program: SI and its implementing partners are providing life-saving and life-sustaining assistance in northwest Syria (NWS) and northeast Syria (NES).
The main activities being implemented are related to (emergency) WASH (water distribution and rehabilitation of water infrastructure) and shelter and Food Security and Livelihood. Si partners are usually implementing activities in the health and protection sectors (but not exclusively).
SCOPE OF WORK
The support to grant management will reinforce the grant unit for a short period of time, to help the department in all its main tasks during the consultancy period. The support to grant management main task will be to support the department work with focal points at SI and implementing partners to develop technical proposals and prepare/consolidate the annexes using inputs from SI and partners when relevant. He/She/They will produce high-quality proposal that is compliant with donor requirements, technically clear and accurate. He/She/They will report to the Country Director at SI. He/She/They should take ownership of the process and proposals, and remain flexible, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively with other members of the teams to ensure smooth proposal development process and adherence to the workplan.
Key Priorities and Deliverables
In close collaboration with partners, act as lead writer for specific proposal developments. This would include:
- Preparing outline for the technical narrative and the list of required annexes, highlighting key donor requirements
- Preparing the workplan for the full proposal development, including a task division with the relevant technical counterparts at SI and partners’ level
- Authoring the overall technical narrative of the proposal. This will include gathering information; writing and/or editing proposal sections such as executive summary, technical approach, project strategy, exit plans, and other sections as needed; and, integrating different sections of the proposal developed by other authors.
- Substantive editing. This may include reorganizing material, adding or deleting information, revising major sections of text, and asking authors to address questions and concerns, all in line with donor requirements.
- Copy editing. This may include revising the text to make it clear, concise, correct, and consistent.
- Communicating clearly donor requirements on page count, format and content in donor’s application guidelines, and then ensuring the application meets those requirements.
- Reviewing available templates for annexes, adapting when needed to comply with donor requirements.
- Writing and/or editing all annexes needed for the proposal, ensuring sound consolidation of joint SI/partner annexes.
- Proposing (as needed) and/or attending technical meetings, check-ins, and other meetings; liaising with technical experts and others to ensure the accuracy of content.
- Following up with team members and management for feedback and revisions, revising text based on feedback and ensuring that the proposal stays on schedule. Ensuring version control and strong tracking of document progress throughout.
- Assembling the final text, graphics, and supporting documents into a well-ordered package.
In addition the support to grant management will participate to ensure accountbility to donors while supporting the grant unit in the following tasks:
- Monitoring and identifying funding opportunities in line with SI country and global strategy.
- Overseeing compilation of timely and high quality reports and contract modification requests for submission to donors and consortium partners.
- Centralizing and preparing relevant documentation for external audits and audit report archiving.
Management and Reporting Lines
- Position under the hierarchical supervision of: Country Director
- Position under the functional supervision of: SI’s Donor Development and Accountability Manager for Middle East.
- Key interlocutors: SI and partner’s technical focal points; key Grants and/or Program Director and/or technical advisor focal points at partner agencies; SI HQ Desk team.
He/She/They will be contracted by SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL from mid-/late-November to end of mid-January but is not expected to work full time during this period. He/She/They is expected to outline key steps in the process as part of the expression of interest. It is possible for the proposal writing to be carried out remotely, or in Amman.
Final submission of the proposal package remains in the hands of SI.
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL invites applications for the provision of services as described above. Interested candidates must submit a Cover Letter outlining their financial offer (daily rate with clarifications on other cost covering expectations plus a proposed overall cost), proposal to meet the ToR, scheduling and CV providing information on their capacity and experience showing that they are qualified for the services, including:
- Track record of skill, expertise and experience writing successful donor-funded proposals for large-scale, complex humanitarian interventions, preferably for ECHO. Experience with the new ECHO templates is desirable but not required
- Previous experience with ECHO HIP
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, writing and editing skills appropriate for proposal submission
- Demonstrated skill in using terminology and concepts for WASH, shelter and/or health and protection programs
- Working knowledge of the Syrian context is a plus
- Exceptional ability to synthesize large amounts of information and data to create engaging and compelling text while maintaining technical accuracy and adhering to strict page limitations
- Ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities, and negotiate timelines
- Technical knowledge in one or more of SI/partner’s sectors (WASH, health and protection) is preferred, but not required
- Fluency in English required
How to apply
Interested proposal writers may express their interest by sending an email to the following address: [email protected] by 25/11/2021 at 2 pm (UTC+02:00) and expressly mentioning « Support to Grant Management SYRIA »
Applicants are expected to send quotations of maximum 5000 EUR, precising their daily rate and their soonest date of availability. Applications will be reviewed as it goes.”
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.