CARE seeks a world of hope, inclusion and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live in dignity and security. CARE provides cross-border humanitarian assistance in Syria, and refugee assistance within southern Turkey to people affected by the Syrian crisis. In response to CARE increased Syrian response cross-border humanitarian works the program is now endeavoring to undertake an inside NW Syria direct implementation to address humanitarian needs, enhance the quality of our programming and maximum response capacity and support to CARE’s partners. We are looking for a proactive, dynamic, innovative and resourceful person to join the Area office in the capacity of
The Area Admin Officer will be part of the Area office team and report directly to the Area operation manager with technical reporting line to the Admin unit at the country office. The Area Admin Officer (AAO) will ensure the day to day running of the Area office facilities administration in an efficient and cost effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations, CARE’s policies/procedures and donor requirements where necessary. She/He will support the whole team and will focus on admin function to ensure that all administrative services are rendered in an effective, efficient, customer-oriented, and professional manner to all internal and external customers. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly. The Area Admin officer will supervise the admin team members including provide them constructive feedback and a good guidance.
The person is expected to have good interpersonal skills, friendly, understanding, cooperative, organized, a high ability to work within a team to take initiative and skills in managing and guide the office caretakers.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility **
· Overall maintenance of the residence/office premises, facilities assets and equipment in the Area office and ensure that these are secure and efficiently utilized.
· Support Area office logistical support for staff/visitor’s travel arrangements, meetings, events, training and workshops as required
· Maintain administrative daily ordinary operation.
· Handle other administrative tasks as needed from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the team and the CARE Area office program.
· Ensure a safe; secure and professional workplace.
· Monitoring of administrative expenditure factored in the administration budget to ensure cost effectiveness and prepare monthly reports for the same.
· Ensure that all new staff receive an induction on Administration systems and procedures.
· Co-ordinate the renewal of the leases of office premises and guest houses
· Support the receptionist to develop and ensure implementation of a comprehensive administrative filing system including archival and storage inventories, in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization
· Ensure admin related procurement processes are handled in line with the CARE policies.
· Ensure the proper functioning and repair/maintenance of utilities, facilities and office equipment.
· Participate in the preparation of the administration budget ensuring all relevant support costs for the office are included and expenditure monitored
· Monitor the day-to-day personnel and administrative operations of the office.
· Perform the Front Desk administration duties in the absent of the responsible person.
· Ensure a clean and efficient working area and ensure a cooperative and supportive working environment.
· Receive payment orders and prepare payment orders to be approved and disbursed to suppliers
· Make orders and payments for office expenses (water, drinking water electricity, taxi, stationary, etc.)
· Maintain check log sheet and clearing advances in timely manner.
· Train Department staff (Administrative staff in specific) in necessary communication (written and oral) skills through having sessions and giving written feedbacks.
· Support the establishment and maintaining of a uniform administrative support system amongst department administrations.
· Maintain property register and physical check.
· Provide support for all travels from CO with transportation and accommodation.
· Typing documents, taking meeting notes, and data entry when required.
· Maintain proper filing systems, ensuring documents are easily accessible as needed.
· Support staff during preparation of meetings and workshops as needed (stationery, refreshments, lunch etc).
· Ensure that Record of stationery usage for monthly orders (photocopy, papers, flipcharts papers, stationery etc.)
· Any other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Social Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, etc.) or any other relevant major.
· At least 3 years of experience in Human resources management in the Syria context.
· Experience working in insecure and complex environments
· Experience in managing Admin team in Syria.
· Experience in handling office administration
· Experience in filing and safeguarding important documents
· Experience in do-no-harm approaches in a humanitarian context, preferably in Syrian context
· Experience in working with INGOs and fully understand Admin system.
· Demonstrated understanding of and experience with policies, protocols, and procedures of international NGO’s and donor agencies
· Experience to manage and reconcile petty cash
· Familiarity with procurement procedures and/or financial management.
· Have the Can-Do Attitude.
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
· Results orientated and target driven;
· Staff management experience and good inter-personnel skills
· Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the program
· Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
· Excellent understanding of the Syria crisis and the context in Northern Syria.
· Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector.
· Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure.
· Ability to work well in unstable and changing security environments.
· Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills.
· Strong skills in inter-personal communications, able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a complex, multi-actor environment.
· Strong skills in written communication, including effective report writing
· Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work effectively across a wide variety of cultural contexts.
· Ability to communicate ideas in a culturally-sensitive manner and conducive to their practical application
· Strong team player, able to develop and maintain effective working relationships within a distributed and dynamic team.
· Ability to organize and plan effectively
· Competence with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Fluent in Arabic
· English language skills highly desired.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
- Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link in below:
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
* *CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **