Post Title: Daily Worker
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: A’zaz, Syria
Starting: As soon as possible
Duration: 8 months
Application closing Date: 03/08/2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Welthungerhilfe operates inside Idleb, Syria since 2017 remotely from regional office in Gaziantep/Turkey through implementing partners. WHH implements projects directly inside Syria since 2018, as well.
Welthungerhilfe set up an office in A’zaz, Syria in 2018 in order to start direct implementation of projects in the fields of emergency response humanitarian and relief aid. Ever since, Welthungerhilfe has distributed food baskets, food&hygiene and agricultural vouchers in the IDP camps in A’zaz. Welthungerhilfe aims to sustain the humanitarian aid projects and increase the resilience of IDPs in the region.
Under the supervision of the field coordinator, the daily worker will be supporting the team on the project activities in A’zaz, Syria run by WHH; the project aims to support internally displaced persons with multisectoral project activities (voucher distribution, shelter repair, agriculture etc.) to improve the living standards of the people affected by conflicts in north-west Syria.
The tasks of the Daily Worker are as follows:
· Supporting the field team in process of registration and verification of targeted people in/off camps at regular intervals
· Assist the field coordinator in locating the distribution points in/off camps
· Assist the distribution of voucher process at the activity sites under the guidance of field coordinator
· Follow the WHH’s guidelines and regulations throughout the project
· Assist the field team in market monitoring, in conducting questionnaires (BNFs, vendors)
· Monitor the voucher exchange/redemption process in vendors through daily visits
· Assist checking/verifying the invoices and vouchers received from vendors
· Deliver feedbacks and recommendations to the supervisor on the project implementation and security situation in the field**
· Support initiatives to collect feedback on the program from the different parties associated with the project.
· Follow all necessary health and safety rules (regards to Covid-19) including road safety, communication and ensure the logistics of the team.
· Undertaking other project tasks as required.
· Position is open to Syrian nationals only
· Education: A high school diploma is preferred
· Work Experience: Minimum one-year professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Experience in conducting Key Informant Interviews/assessments
- Experience in using data collection tools
- Knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience working in unsecure and remote locations and reporting to remotely located management
- Ability to network and work in a team.
· Language Skills: Arabic required (written & spoken) English and Turkish is an asset.
· Familiarity with Local Context: Candidates who have work experience and knowledge of the local context in A’zaz are preferred.
The Daily Worker will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
How to Apply
- The applicants should submit a CV indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of duties to the following email address: [email protected] no later than on CoB 03/08/2020.
- Subject line should read: Job Application – Daily Worker (SYR1078)
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.