Dispenser / Al Hol Camp
Job Title: Dispenser / Al Hol Camp
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Overview/Summary: The Mobile Medical Drug Dispenser working in a mobile team will be primarily responsible for recording and dispensing medicines to patients and keeping track record of medicines for the MMU health team in the IDPs camps in Al Hassaka governorate.
- Dispense medicine to all patients according to the doctor’s prescription, and advise the patients regarding the use of prescribed medicine properly and make necessary mark/indication on to the envelop/bottle or strip correctly.
- Check the medicine for expiry date; those medicines with short expiry date will be used first before it expired.
- Keep the store clean, and store the medicine in order to be checked easily and issued properly and maintain bin cards up to date
- Prepare drug request form which must be verified by the doctor. Physically check all the items for the accuracy of the quantity and make sure they are not expired. During preparation of the indent, the available balance should be checked to avoid un-necessary extra supply and do not miss some important items. The physical verification notes should be recorded as instructed.
- Delivered drugs will be recorded on daily base in the mobile team daily expenses register, and must be verified by the doctors.
- Submit consumption report to Pharmacist on daily basis about the daily medicines/supplies received, issued and stock in balance.
- Maintain stock register of the equipment and furniture.
- Attend IRC trainings and program meetings.
- Diploma in pharmacy and/or Pharmacist assistant and preferably to be trained as a dispenser along with 2-3 years of experience.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for patients at all times is essential.
- Ability to lead, train, supervise and facilitate
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
- Ability to communicate in local language and English will be an asset.
- Applicant should not be having another Job if he/she got selected by IRC.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The International Rescue Committee encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinsyria.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (application form – by choosing the ‘other’ and filling in the blank & in your cover letter) where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.