General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Food Security, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities, which we work within, are ready for any future disasters.
Orange Organization is contributing to a project which aim to delivers a strategic and integrated set of interventions to restore the local economy in Ariha, Idleb.
The project’s main objective is to create income-generating opportunities for IDPs, host community members, and returnees in this location, through short-term employment opportunities, small business startup support, and restoration of the impacted ones, while rehabilitating Ariha’s essential basic socioeconomic infrastructures and services.
This project seeks to provide strategic support to communities in Ariha to sustainably recover by pursuing the referred main objective, the project aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- Access to short term livelihoods opportunities involving CFW approach among others provided
- Physical access to and from markets rehabilitated for movement of people and goods
- Essential community and public services are revived and restored
- Local small businesses and entrepreneurs are supported are restored
- Enhancement of social cohesion among IDPs, host communities and returnees
The project’s activities include the creation of short-term work opportunities through the rehabilitation of access roads to markets, rubbles removal, waste removal, and small business and entrepreneurs support
Duties, objectives and competencies:
· Lead the field implementation of the Revive project ensuring timeliness and delivery according to the activity plan and results in the framework;
· Ensure best technical standards are being applied properly as well as best implementation practices to ensure high quality outputs.
· Assist in project implementation analysis to improve the quality of services provided through analysis and dissemination of M&E data and lessons learnt;
· Provide the technical support to the field engineers and suggest any required modification to ensure best quality and practices are applied.
· Travel frequently to project locations to directly monitor its activities, and assess performance activities improvements, ensure that all technical data are accurately collected, clear feedback is provided to project manager, and required improvements or necessary changes are reported to ensure project activities meet stated objectives and deliver maximum benefit to targeted beneficiaries;
· Work closely with technical assessment team to ensure that all implemental studies, BOQs, planned activities are technically compatible with actual needs.
· Assist the Project manager responding to contingencies by leading field activities and ensuring all objectives are completed and compatible with required specification.
Staff Management and Leadership:
· Line manage the project staff/team to ensure effective and efficient programme implementation, partnership relationships and operational systems;
· Ensure that there is a clearly defined structure, up-to-date job description, and reporting mechanisms for each team member in line within Orange’s HR policies and procedures;
· members technical capacity;
· In corporation with Orange human resources, participating in project staff performance appraisal, and identifying required skills and capacity development.
· Produce field project progress reports in terms of outputs against activity plans and take all-necessary action, in association with the Project Manager, to ensure the project achieves its objectives within the allotted time and budget and to quality;
· In coordination with the project manager ensure that all relevant purchase orders are well prepared with providing all required BOQs and technical specifications to maintain the best level of provided services/supplies;
· Contribute to setup procurement criteria according to required items with support to the procurement team to ensure best value for money practices are met.
· Adhere fully to the commitments and rules of Orange’s Code of Conduct
· Undertake any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the SMT.
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or relevant field of study. Road Construction specialization is preferred;
· At least 3 years of NGO work experience or leading LNGO with increasing responsibility;
· Excellent proven technical knowledge of the field of Roads construction; extended proven knowledge in the field of sanitation and drainage systems will be an asset;
· Proven experience in field project management;
· Strong communication skills, including the ability to coordinate with multiple parties and external stakeholders;
· Sound judgement and ability to make impartial recommendations;
· Very good English language skills (spoken, written and reading);
· Very good computer skills including MS office.
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work when under pressure;
· Commitment to beneficiary accountability and humanitarian principles.
· Hard-working, proactive, and able to prioritise and delegate a demanding workload.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
· Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
· Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
· Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
· Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
· Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child safeguarding policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange capacity building must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. Orange reserves the right to change this document.
How to Apply
- If you are interested to this position please fill the application form and upload your CV and Cover Letter not later than 07 August 2020. Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.