ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1950, World Vision International operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
The scope of the organization is world-wide. Its ministries are varied depending on the needs and contexts of the respective countries in which it operates. For more information on the history of World Vision, please visit the website on www.wvi.org
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To achieve operational excellence, minimize pharmaceutical loss/wastage and ensure staff and beneficiary safety. To further facilitate both international and National pharmaceutical procurement in accordance to WVI SCM procedures to ensure quality, safety and timely supply of essential drugs to the most vulnerable war affected communities in Idleb. Where possible help establish a mini hub warehouse to preposition essential drugs for emergency response or timely start up of health projects in Idleb locality.
A. Technical Support
- To ensure WVI comply to international pharmaceutical standards and support partners to achieve the same.
- to ensure timely update and implementation of the SOP/guidelines based on WHO/EPHS/SPHEPER standards.
- To ensure suppliers have validated current required certifications which meets international or Host Country medical requirements.
- Ensure acceptable transportation and storage standards of pharmaceuticals/non-pharmaceutical are met in all the warehouse.
- Ensure acceptable personnel (supplier and partners) have necessary licenses and accreditation where possible.
- Ensure partners understand and are supported on all pharmaceutical procurement needs (review orders, specifications and relevant details when preparing purchase requisitions)
- Monitor partner activities and advise the partner on compliance with minimum standards for pharmaceuticals
- Prepare warehouse/pharmacy technical monitoring sheets for tracking the management and utilization of drugs
- Ensure quality test on drugs are performed in line with Idleb directorate requirements.
- Ensure expired drugs are managed according to the health directorate protocol.
- Ensure cold chain system is understood and relevant drugs are stored in correct temperature/humidity.
- Ensure all warehouses have temp/humidity regulators and record charts maintained daily and shared monthly.
- Ensure available budget for maintenance of the warehouses.
- Ensure monthly drug consumption reports are shared and analyzed.
- Promote good warehouse management cleanliness, ventilation, arrangement etc.
- Ensure drugs are delivered in vehicles, which meets acceptable standards (refrigeration, ventilation and safety).
- Ensure stocks are controlled appropriately by use of stock cards/drug registers etc.
- Preposition adequate pharms in Turkey or inside Syria to support timely project start ups.
- In coordination with Grant Managers, Field Heath Technical Supervisor and District Coordinator provide technical review of MEAL reports with regards to monitoring and accountability findings;
Collaborate with MEAL team and Grant Managers, Field Heath Technical Supervisor and District Coordinator in establishing and supporting the implementation of context appropriate complaints and feedback mechanism in all operational areas.
- Oversee Idleb-based WVI and Health partners pharmaceutical Technical staff;**
- Support all the pharmacist in Idleb under WVI operation area.
- Produce monthly and quarterly progress reports, and any other reports upon request;
- Analyze the monthly drug consumption reports and share with FHC/HA timely
- Support the partners to write coherent monthly reports reflective on real time services provided.
- In coordination with health team identify health needs and cost effective solution.
- In coordination with Field Health Technical Coordinator monitor the pharma warehouses and report back to TA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree in Health
- Strong Arabic and English communication skills (oral and written);
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability;
- Above average computer literacy.
- At least 3 years of experience in health and preferably coordination
- At least 2 years of experience with humanitarian aid work and NGOs.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners;
- Excellent networker;
- Knowledge of Turkish language is an advantage;
- High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Ability to work with a reasonably level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations;
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environs and physical hardships;
- Ability to facilitate the creation of cross-functional project teams and the development of national strategies;
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively; Demonstrates openness and transparency.
- If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV must be in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to [email protected] e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 3 referees/references).
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. Application without same title of position will not be considered.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 25 March 2020. Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.