Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
You’ll contribute to end world hunger by…
The Health and Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for designing, overseeing and coordinating the health, nutrition and care practices programs, as well as liaising with various external partners.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Design and implementation of programs
- To ensure that the commitments to donors are respected in the implementation of the activities on the field.
- To ensure the quality and timely implementation of the planned activities. To follow and support field activities through visits, phone and email.
- To capitalise the experiences and develop good practices and success stories.
- To give technical assistance and orientation to the rest of the nutrition and health staff.
Objective 2: Strategy
- To support the Country Director and Coordination Team in country analysis and strategy definition.
- To develop and update the health and nutrition sector strategy and ensure the sustainability of the project outcomes.
Objective 3: Coordination and representation
- To participate in coordination meetings with external stakeholders and nutrition and health sector working groups.
- To represent AAH for internal and external coordination at the capital level for issues related to health and nutrition.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Training: Nurse / Nutritionist / Medical Doctor / Public Health specialist with experience in the management of reproductive and child health programs (at primary health care level) in emergency and post-emergency situations.
- Technical specific knowledge: Primary health care, reproductive care, care practices, health care management, IYCF-E, CMAM, MHPSS
- 4 years of previous related experience in nutrition and health.
- At least 4 years of experience in humanitarian sector.
- Experience with AAH is a pluse.
- Languages: English, arab
- IT Systems: Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Mobility: International
- Commitment to Gender Equality: Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Our remuneration package
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Base: Damascus
- Excellent remuneration package: Annul Gross Salary ranges between 32.760 and 39.360 EUROS depending on experience (this salary includes salary base, perdiems and living costs).
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period (one week every eight weeks), including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinsyria.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form – by choosing the ‘other’ and filling in the blank & in your motivation letter) where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you found out about this vacancy.
REQUEST from ViS:
- vacanciesinsyria.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.