Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified individual to fill-in the vacancy of HR Specialist to work in Damascus under an employment contract
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008 mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihoods and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara’a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs). While Protection/community service activities are provided to beneficiaries throughout our six Community Centers.
About the job
Ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines in Syria office. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations.
- Functions as a specialist in Human Resources
- Provide overall advice, coordination, and support to Human Resources staff
- Ensure efficient support to the program in accordance with existing DRC policies and procedures
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment, development and people planning:
- Drive and support recruitment and selection activities ensuring compliance with recruitment process
- Work with senior management team and senior staff on new staff retention strategies and initiatives
- Ensure proper onboarding process
- Ensure oversight and consistency in position titles and grades, across all field locations
- Support staff development activities
Performance, well-being and compensations & benefits:
- Proactively respond to and manage performance counselling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency and ensuring that documentation is kept
- Assist in the performance management process
- Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements
- Define and review salary structure with HR manager and coordinate annual compensation review process and compensation adjustments Human Resources Policies and Support:
- Proactively pursue continuous process improvement in Human Resources related practices in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of output/delivery
- Explaining human resources policies, procedures, laws and standards to new and existing employees
- Maintaining and updating Human resources handbook as necessary
HR Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Providing specialized knowledge and operational know-how in Dynamic and able to provide training on Dynamic to new and current employees.
- Providing specialized knowledge in HR to HR Manager
To be successful in this role we expect you to have
- Bachler degree in HRM or Business Administration specializing in Human Resources or relevant degree. Master degree is an advanced.
- Minimum six years’ working experience in various Human Resources areas
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge/experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes
- Extensive knowledge on Syrian labor law
- Extensive knowledge/experience of recruitment techniques
- Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation
- Experience using an online system for recruitments
- Excellent command of the English language
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract Length: up to six months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinsyria.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than THREE pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: the 4 June 2020.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo .
REQUEST from ViS:
- vacanciesiniraq.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers