Duties and responsibilities
- Provide NRC the translation a wide variety of documents including, but not limited to: project documents, reports , official correspondence , monitoring and evaluation tools, internal communications , … and other relevant documents into English and Arabic conforming to the standards required by each project (Education; Capacity Building and WASH and Food Security and Livelihood)
- Revise translation of all documents based on inputs of the requester of the translation
- Observe established terminology and in-house usage, identify new terminology and actively contribute to terminology
- Ensure accuracy and clarity of all translation produced
- Periodically provide accurate interpretation to and from English in official and internal meetings, workshops, seminars, training sessions, and as requested.
- Meet deadlines by producing excellent translations of required documents.
- At all times respect the anonymity of clients and confidentiality of all NRC documents.
- Submit on a weekly basis activity report to immediate supervisor. Any other reasonable task as instructed by immediate supervisor.
- Minimum 3 years working as a translator, preferably with an INGO, NGO.
- Related education background is preferred.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English as well as Arabic language.
- English and Arabic typing skills required.
- Good writing skills, high standard of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills especially MS office. Training or prior achievements in translation will be an advantage
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
We can offer
Contract period: end of year, renewable based on NRC fund and performance.
Duty station: Damascus
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates who do not fill the website application form in details may not be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinsyria.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.