|General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The scope of this role involves responsibility for the entire IT infrastructure of GOAL offices in Idleb Syria.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the availability and reliability of the Information Technology systems and to support the users of these systems in using them effectively and economically.
The IT Assistant role comes with responsibility for the overall maintenance and integrity of network, systems, data, assets, software, and procedures.
In addition, ensure about telecommunications hardware working probably and maintain it.
The role is based in GOAL Idlib offices .
Duties, objectives and competencies
· To formulate a daily plan so that all tasks are performed in a time efficient manner.
· Ensure all PC’s are up to date with anti-virus software and encrypted also updated with latest approved version of operating system and Office365 applications.
· Ensure only approved applications are in use.
· Ensure all laptops and tablets are locked and working probably.
· Apply GOAL Global IT policy.
· Cabling of all offices to be kept to a high standard.
· PC’s, printers, scanners, and any IT devices. to be maintained to a high standard.
· Maintenance and updating of wire and wireless communications equipment’s.
· Ensuring backup SOPs are upheld and maintaining integrity of data, perform monthly test restores.
· Ensure IT equipment is maintained and that equipment such as servers wire and wireless devices are checked regularly for alert/issues and that environment the equipment is kept in is maintained (in terms of Air conditioning etc.)
· To be proactive and to look at ways of improving IT services
· To carry out upgrades where necessary (i.e. Windows, applications upgrade).
· To use and promote GOAL’s intranet so that all users will embrace it and will realize the value of new SharePoint packages.
· Ensure all filters and roles for internet security are working probably and update it in case of updates is require.
· Ensure all laptops are linked and backed up to SharePoint or OneDrive.
· University or institute degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the IT industry sector.
· Experience in WAN technologies (VSAT, Wireless WAN Connections).
· Experience in LAN configuration (Switching, WLAN).
· Experience in Routing and routers configurations with ability at basic level of network switch and routers connections. Troubleshooting and resolution of network issues.
· In depth knowledge of DHCP, IP addressing schemes, DNS.
· Experience in Microsoft Office365 programs.
· Knowledge of cloud backup solutions such as Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint.
Application deadline is based on recruitment process HR to decided.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
· Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
· Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
· Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Deadline to Apply is: 3rd August 2020.
North Idleb, Syria