Lab Technician / Al Hol Camp
Job Title: Lab Technician / Al Hol Camp
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Overview/Summary: The Lab Technician will be responsible for providing medical laboratory tests in the clinic according to IRC doctors instruction. This position reports to Health Services Officer – Ar-Raqqa .
- Collect and prepare the sample of patient to do the laboratory tests.
- Taking blood samples
- Prepare the reagents, chemical solution and other materials before using them for the laboratory tests.
- Make the laboratory tests according to doctor’s requests.
- Prepare the laboratory and the documents according to the quality control procedures of IRC.
- Administering medications and maintaining proper supplies of laboratory equipment/supplies.
- Monitoring and controlling the patients samples that may be contagious and disposed in accordance with the safety and security procedures.
- Filling the related records.
- Update the clinic databases on daily bases and submit the weekly reports.
- As with other health care professionals, the Lab Technician expected to comply with protocols, procedures and safety policies of a clinic.
- Laboratory technician certificate from intermediate medical institute and/or experience with a reputable organization, including 1-2 years experience
- Registered with health Council in Tel Abiad.
- Effective communication
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for patients at all times is essential.
- Ability to lead, train, supervise and facilitate
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
- Ability to communicate in local language and English will be an asset.
- Applicant should not be having another Job if he/she got selected by IRC.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The International Rescue Committee encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinsyria.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (application form – by choosing the ‘other’ and filling in the blank & in your cover letter) where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.