Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified individual to provide a service in the Humanitarian field as Life Skills Trainer in Daraa
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty, and transparency.
DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008 mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihoods and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara’a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs). While Protection/community service activities are provided to beneficiaries throughout our six Community Centers.
Overview of the Tasks:
Conduct life skills courses
Tasks in Details:
- Assessing &planning life skills workshops in close coordination with center’s coordinators & Life skills consultant.
- Selecting & informing beneficiaries with certain criteria (adolescents, youth, adult).
- Preparing stationery, materials and refreshments for workshops in close coordination with center’s coordinators
- Documenting all workshop sessions and papers.
- Evaluating workshops with evaluation forms.
- Improving and updating the materials and training manuals.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or specialist courses in the required domain.
- Practical experience in conducting courses, not less than two years
- Able to work under pressure
- Demonstrate creativeness and progression.
- Desire to voluntary work, teamwork and skilled in effective communication
- Able to manage interactive lectures and training.
- Excellent command of the Arabic language
- Average command of the English language.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence : You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity : You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract Length: three months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
According to the policy of the Danish Refugee Council service contract, payment will be made according to the working hours
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinsyria.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: the 8th of August 2020.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.