Post Title: Logistic Officer (Office Manager)
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: AZAZ, SYRIA
Contract Details: 12 months (Full Time) / consultancy contract.
Starting: As soon as possible
Benefits: Competitive package
Application closing Date: 13/05/2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profitmaking, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Welthungerhilfe operates inside Idleb, Syria since 2017 remotely from regional office in Gaziantep/Turkey through implementing partners. WHH implements projects directly inside Syria since 2018, as well.
Welthungerhilfe set up an office in A’zaz, Syria in 2018 in order to start direct implementation of projects in the fields of emergency response humanitarian and relief aid. Ever since, Welthungerhilfe has distributed food baskets, food&hygiene and agricultural vouchers in the IDP camps in A’zaz. Welthungerhilfe aims to sustain the humanitarian aid projects and increase the resilience of IDPs in the region.
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Logistics Officer provides efficient and effective logistics support to the projects assigned to him/her:
· Fleet management
· Manage office services and maintenance Maintaining all logistic records
Responsibilities of the Logistician:
· Fleet and drivers’ management, including schedule drivers’ duty and allocate vehicles
· Follow up on the fleet maintenance schedule
Answer, screen, forward and/or return phone calls and messages
· Record and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence, including emails, parcels and hand delivered messages and monitor responses
· Attend staff meetings, write minutes, and circulate them if required
· Support the logistics of visitors’ programs, and manage travel requirements (tickets, flight and hotel booking, transport, etc.)
· Organize the provision of stationary/ office supplies
· Make administrative and logistics arrangement of project activities (meetings, workshops etc.) when required
· Regularly update the index of contact addresses (phone/ email)
· Represent WHH towards Turkish authorities, landlords and other stakeholders if required
· Supervise the work of drivers Cleaners and Receptionists
In addition to the above, the Logistician may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Logistics Manager.
Position open to Syrian nationals only
· Education: University degree or college.
· Work Experience: Minimum three-years professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non- profit organization
- Previous experience procurement and logistics
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing and Excel skills
- Knowledge file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision with the ability to deliver tasks timely.
- Ability to report to remotely located management
· Social Skills; Ability to build a network and work in a team under pressure.
· Language Skills: English and Arabic highly required (written & spoken).
The Logistic Officer will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
- The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of duties to the following email address: [email protected] no later than CoB 13/05/2020.
- The subject line should read: Job Application – OM / Logistics Officer (SYR1078)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & motivation letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.**
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
- vacanciesinsyria.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.