General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in North West Aleppo both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Under the direct supervision of the Markets Deputy Program Manager, the Markets Team Leader will primarily be responsible for the preparation and implementation of regular market monitoring activities in target Markets. Including prices monitoring and market assessment activities.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the team completes the activities allocated by the Markets Deputy Program Manager in the weekly plan.
- Ensure daily management of the work and performance of the team; lead team meetings when required; identify capacity building needs of the team members, provide on-the-job training as needed, as well as support capacity building initiatives through developing presentations and/or delivering training.
- Carry out regular monitoring activities at field level for GOAL Markets, including, market assessments, price monitoring, shops preparing and shopping monitoring.
- Communication and engagement with shopkeepers involved in GOAL’s voucher programmes to ensure understanding of and compliance with the contract terms; take measures in case of violations according to the GOAL procedures.
- Collect/enter data using smartphones (tablets) for GOAL’s program information management system, ensure data is accurate and it is collected and uploaded on time.
- Participate in data collection for assessment to inform the design of new programs and promote community participation in this process.
- Support evaluation through organizing field visits and participating as a team member if required.
- Receive complaints and feedback from community members and ensure these are registered in complaints and feedback system in line with relevant GOAL procedures.
- Any other task requested by the line manager.
Staff Supervision and Leadership
- Direct management of GOAL staff assigned to the Market team members, including ensuring that all staff have clearly defined job descriptions and understand their responsibilities.
- Provide Market team staff with needed support, training and direction.
- Ensure appropriate HR planning, training and resource allocation as required for the successful implementation of programme objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in (social science, economics, information management) or any relevant field.
- Experience of working in Syria and in the areas in which GOAL is working
- At least 2 years of work experience participating in Cash /Voucher or market-based programming including managing a team.
- Experience of data collection, entry and analysis and/or experience in conducting research
- Flexible about working long hours
- Detail oriented and strong clerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds, excellent relationship building skills.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Good communication skills (written, spoken), including excellent writing skills in English and Arabic
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field (up to 80%), sometimes under difficult and insecure circumstances and stay overnight in programme areas.
Application deadline is 04 NOV 2020.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
- Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.