|Position Title||Media and Communication Officer|
|Location||Afrin – Syria|
|Contract Duration||7 months|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Please note that KUDRA Organization reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency of the position.
KUDRA is a non-profit organization works to achieve all elements of success and to target real development that achieves balance through human development enabling environment development and resources investment through the areas of Development projects, Capacity Building and Development and Research and Analytics.
|Scope of work:
KUDRA expects the candidate to perform the following tasks, the tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive:
· The Media and Communication officer will establishand maintainregular relations with key local media contacts.
· He/ she will handle local media requests and contact local media proactively.
· He/she organizes events for local media (conference,Pitching days, Press briefing…).
· He/she provides guidance on how to deal with local media at time of crisis.
· Actively diffuses KUDRA content in the area in local languages and among local media. He/ she uses social media (twitter, blogs, Facebook….) to promote this content.
· Supervises the production of local communication tools and products (leaflets, brochures, posters, articles, photos, videos) according to local strategy and budget.
· In particular, he/she will help identify the right communications tools and will adapt/translate communications materials to targeted local audiences.
· The Communication Officer will participate in communication data-collection and reporting as required
· Support the Project team in designing promotional materials, videos related to project as required, using Kudra’s high quality logos and branding guidelines.
· Support the Project Team in graphic designs for printed materials
|Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Education: Intermediate institute or university degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field.
§ Advanced using of Photoshop, Illustrator and other graphics packages.
§ Experience producing, editing and disseminating strong multimedia content for online audiences ideally for NGOs and INGOs.
§ Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading and editing.
§ Excellent understanding of multimedia content, including how it can best be produced, packaged, published and shared on websites, social media and news organizations.
§ Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
§ Knowledge of data protection issues.
|Specific skills for the post
|How to Apply:
The Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CV and application cover letter in English language by the end of May31st 2020 (CV should include information about education, qualifications and professional experience) indicating the job code “KU0620” in the subject line to the following email address: Email: [email protected]
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation