Concern Worldwide works with the world’s poorest people to transform their lives.
About the role: This is a 12 month (renewable) new role with unaccompanied terms based in Syria with intermittent travel to Iraq with a salary of Grade 4 €40,003- €44,449.
You will report to the Syria Programme Director. You will liaise with Programme Director (Partnership) Programme Coordinators, MEAL Manager, District Managers, Country Finance Controller and Programme Partners. You will also represent Concern to Clusters, Coordination Forums and NGOs. You will manage the Protection Manager.
We would like you to start as soon as possible.
Your purpose: You will provide management and technical oversight of Concern’s multi-donor funded Protection programmes in Syria, in particular in the fields of child and adolescent psychosocial support, community protection outreach and protection mainstreaming across all other sectors. You will provide technical oversight and guidance to Concern’s Protection programmes in Iraq, delivered through national partner NGOs. You will also contribute to the development of new Protection programmes and programmes integrating Protection and proposals, high quality internal and external reports, and grant management. You will lead on coordination efforts for Concern’s Protection work with other NGOs in Syria through various cluster and coordination fora. You will be responsible for technical line-management of Protection officers.
You will be responsible for:
Programme Implementation and Partnerships
· In close liaison with the Programmes Director, provide technical and management oversight and supervision of assigned Protection projects.
· Ensure that all programme targets are reached in accordance with agreed programme objectives, as per contracts with donors, in line with the overall programme approach and ensure integration with other programme activities.
· Ensure that all resources (technical, financial, HR) are in place to implement the different projects of the protection programme in accordance with the work plans and realistic timeframes and milestones agreed with donors.
· Ensure the preparation of detailed implementation work plans and provide the necessary guidance and support to the team to achieve timely and quality implementation of activities.
· Monitor and manage Protection programme expenditure and budgets, ensuring resources are optimally utilized and spending is in line with Concern financial procedures and Donor requirements.
· Carry out field visits to monitor and oversee works and organize regular programmer view sessions through participatory methodologies involving beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the areas of intervention, with the aim of establishing and/or verifying emerging needs, gaps and priorities, and communicate these to the Programme team as part of a continuous programme review and improvement process.
· Liaise with Concern Coordinators and Managers to ensure protection considerations are integrated into all other sectoral responses, addressing the protection needs of conflict affected populations.
· Provide technical support and guidance to partner NGOs in Iraq for the effective implementation of Concern’s Iraq Protection programme.
· Support the MEAL team in the implementation of an appropriate M&E system to monitor progress and capture impact of projects and to make necessary adjustments to work plans if necessary in a timely manner, ensuring monitoring and evaluation plans become an integral part of programming.
· Oversee the preparation of high-quality donor narrative reports in a timely fashion.
· Write concept notes and full proposals for both grants and contracts under the strategic guidance of the Programmes Director. This includes background research, stakeholder analysis, data collection & analysis, consultation processes, development of narrative, development of budget and production all associated documents to a high standard in accordance with donor requirements.
Coordination and outreach
· Participate proactively and contribute in relevant coordination forums, working group and cluster meetings.
· Strengthen links with Protection departments in other NGOs through effective and on-going coordination, information sharing and results dissemination at regional level and national level.
· Represent Concern and its Protection programme in relevant fora, including donor meetings, and with local authorities.
· Share information on Concern activities and intervention and promote good relations and collaboration with other actors working in the area.
Team Management and capacity building
· Train Concern and key partner staff in donor requirements and compliance rules under specific contracts, in collaboration with Concern Finance and Systems staff.
· Recruit and train a national Protection Manager in Syria.
· Provide technical support and on-going on-the-job training and coaching to Protection programme staff, contributing to their capacity building and career development.
· Ensure efficient teamwork through a system of up-to-date job descriptions developed in line with Concern organizational structure. Periodically review and recommend revisions to staffing structure to the Programmes Director.
· Ensure team members are aware of and comply with core Concern policies and procedures relevant to their work, and with the support of others, carry out regular briefings on these policies, including the Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated policies (the Programme Participant Protection Policy, the Child Safeguarding Policy, and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy). Contribute to the implementation of these policies.
· Monitor and review performance of staff line managed through Concern’s Performance Development Reviews system (PDR’s) and hold staff accountable for meeting the success criteria.
· Participate in the design and implementation of accountability and quality initiatives ensuring that they are integrated into the programmes.
· Adhere to and promote Concern’s Code of Conduct and associated policies
· Ensure the highest stands of accountability through ensuring good communication and information sharing within and outside the programme and enabling staff, beneficiary and other stakeholder participation at all stages of the project cycle.
· Contribute to all aspects of the Programme e.g. mainstreaming of equality, protection, and disaster risk reduction.
· Brief the PD and Senior Management Team on programmes and situational context on a regular basis.
· Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Country Director and/or the Programmes Director.
Your skills and experience will include:
This position demands a highly organised and dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding environment.
§ Qualifications in a discipline related to Social Work, Psychology, Law or related fields
§ At least 2 years’ overseas experience in protection programmes in emergency contexts.
§ A strong grasp of project cycle management
§ Experience in protection, including one or more of the sub-sectors of Child Protection, GBV, and/or MHPSS, in conflict settings and with IDPs and refugees
§ Excellent communication skills in English
§ Proven ability to work in insecure environments and live in confined areas
§ Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
§ Proven track record in remote management and excellent teamwork skills with the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
§ Experience in report and proposal writing.
§ Ability to cope with stress; work under pressure often to strict deadlines.
§ Commitment to Concern’s ethos and values.
§ Sound IT skills, including Word and Excel.
We would also like:
§ Arabic language skills.
§ Understanding and experience of the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership.
§ Experience of working in Middle East (or elsewhere under similar conditions)
§ Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team,
politically and culturally sensitive.
§ Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences, experience working in partnership with Governments would be an advantage.
§ Ability to train local staff and to motivate and develop skills of others.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinsyria.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.
CVs should not exceed 4 pages. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be confirmed before the closing date, if a strong candidate is identified.
- vacanciesinsyria.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.