|General Description of the Programme:
GOAL is an international humanitarian agency established in 1977 and currently operational in 13 countries world-wide. GOAL is supported by a range of donors and in many instances, works with implementing partners, both national and international.
Quality Control assistant examines All kits and materials for defects or deviations from manufacturer or industry specifications by suppliers per the contracts between GOAL and the suppliers, he ensures that GOAL food kits, flour bags, NFI kits and other items will reach to the beneficiaries in good conditions and all items will run properly. Quality Control assistant under supervision of Quality control officer monitors quality standards at Zero point in the border and GOAL warehouses.
Quality Control assistant will initiate, implement and enforce Quality Control and Food Safety standards for maintaining best quality and safe food items by managing resources, quality, and food safety activities during receiving the shipments and storing the stock in the warehouses.
We require candidates who are self-motivated, with strong leadership skills. We’re looking for someone who is proactive and has strong organizational skills , and knows how to work collaboratively in a team environment. This person must also have the availability to travel.
The Quality Control assistant works under supervision of Quality Control officer in close collaboration with the Goal warehousing Teams in Syria and Turkey, the border inspection team at Bab-Alhawa and warehousing team to efficiently organize the supply chain of humanitarian aid for GOAL Syria program.
Key Duties, objectives and competencies:
Shipping and Quality Control
· Liaise with the program teams and other members of the warehousing team to ensuring that appropriate quality standards (donor requirements, national standards, international standard)
· work with Quality control Officer to provide overall direction and guidance to warehousing activities with the objective of maximizing operational efficiencies as well as day-to-day.
· Working under supervision of Quality control officer to ensure that all stocks in GOAL warehouses are stored in good way and per GOAL store manual.
· Monitoring situation of all stocks (expiration date, store conditions, packing , fumigation , sifting , loading and unloading items ) and reporting if there is any concern.
· Coordinating with Quality Control officer and communicate with the border inspection to ensure quality procedures of shipment for items coming from boarder .
· Prepare daily shipment report contains number of the batch, check list of the items (through checking random samples per truck and ensure the batches are match with these mentioned in supplier’s checklist and reporting for any deviations or infestation cases.)
· Arrange samples to send to Antakya office for laboratory analyses.
· After receive loading plan from Programme/Procurement team arrange inspection for all loadings, in case of any problem inform line manager and try to recover problem not to be late for program.
· Liaise with M&E and warehousing Team and check quality of kits and bakery items.
· Check batch number and check if analysed or not.
· Send feedback to supply chain about supplier’s delivery conditions and process (Detect reasons of goods damage and report on daily basis and detailed report about all technical spec for each contract.)
· Ensure that all of above is clearly documented in accordance with GOAL, donor and national guidelines and directives.
· Maintain both hard and soft copy filling systems for all above tasks.
· Supervise the performance of loading/ unloading workers at loading points and discharge points.
· Contribute to the preparation and implementation of policy guidelines and operational directives and procedures in respect of loading/unloading activities.
· Prepare and maintain statistical reports on shipping and Inspections standards for each aid and round.
· Conduct weekly periodic check for warehouse items with Quality control officer to ensure goods’ safety (pests, rodents and bird activities) and check other elements (water infiltration, swollen and rusty cans, hygiene, mice traps).
· Conduct biannual periodic check for warehouses quality criteria (workers control, inventory control, infrastructure control, ) and conduct analysis for the results and drafting recommendations.
· Conduct periodic fumigation\sterilization process for goods stored with warehouses team according to USAID to keep goods safe.
· Create tracker for all contracts that proved to be infested includes all information about goods and description for the cases.
· Supervise on disposing of stock damaged and prepare a report after completing the action.
· Following up goods stored that sent to third party to carry out treatment process (exceptional)
· Maintain communication with warehouse staff to ensure proper working order
· Create packing lists and update shipment information in database
· Coordinate deliveries for repaired or returned items
· Ensure that the warehouse has sufficient space for incoming deliveries .
· Reporting about any damaged kits from transporter and/or programmes.
· Help in disposing of unserviceable or damaged goods in all warehouses in line with Donor and GOAL guidelines
This is not an exhaustive list and the Quality Control assistant will be expected to take on additional responsibilities as directed by the quality Control officer . Please note all positions in GOAL Syria Logistics Departments may at times require manual handling and lifting.
· Tertiary diploma in relevant area (logistics, or administration) and/or equivalent year’s practical work experience in a relevant field.
· Ability to write, read and speak in English.
· Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a rapidly changing work environment.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance.
GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
Deadline to Apply: 12th August 2020.
North Idleb, Syria