General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities where we work in are ready for any future disasters.
The role of the Safeguarding Coach is conducting coaching sessions, supervision and follow up with the PSS supervisors during the delivery of their tasks. Coach will be full time staff. Those will be the core technical personnel of the project and will be based inside Syria
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Regular visits to the schools, to provide the technical support to the protection supervisors to provide a safe place for the children
- Providing the assist on creating and apply the protection activities
- Following up the implementation of the protection activities within the standards.
- Providing all the logistics needs, equipment of the learning cycles for the protection supervisors
- Providing the sufficient explanation for the protection supervisors about the PSS sessions
- Clarifying how to deal with the children of special needs
- Designing effective supervision programs
- Conducting seminars, workshops, individual Support sessions etc.
- Preparing Training materials such as module summaries, videos etc.
- Supporting and mentoring the protection supervisors’ tasks
- Keeping attendance records
- Conducting evaluations to identify areas of improvement
- Formulating protection outline and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Selects or develops the protection aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials and reference works.
- Conducting training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, refresher training, etc.
- Reporting on progress to the line manger about the protection supervisor’s performance
- Making suggestions on improving work procedures.
- Develops strong relationships with trainees to develop course materials and receive feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools
- Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in corporate teaching
- Proficient in MS Office (esp. PowerPoint); e-learning software is an asset
- Organizational and time management abilities
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Communication Skills: Corporate trainers need to speak present to groups of employees, speak interpersonally with individuals, and report to management. They must be friendly, clear, strong speakers.
Orange’s Values and Principles
We believe that:
Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship is central to making partnership a success.
Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
Providing access to high quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve
Child safeguarding policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange capacity building must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. Orange reserves the right to change this document.**Please visit our website: *
How to Apply
- If you are interested to this position please fill the application form and upload your CV and Cover Letter not later than 10 August 2020. Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.