General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities, which we work within, are ready for any future disasters.
Capacity building training in media will be in two stages where the beneficiaries interested, and matching registration criteria will be accepted in level one then moved to the next level as they successfully finish the level; after the end of the trainings beneficiaries will be formulated in teams and accompanied with coaches**.**
1**.** Intermediate training (70 Beneficiaries between males and females will attend this course); The project team will seek 4 media and advocacy trainers, ones that have the basic knowledge and vast field experience along with 4 facilitators to support providing the trainings for the beneficiaries. The trainers will prepare a training curriculum for the intermediate trainings, while being provided with the necessary tools and equipment needed for the practical trainings. The intermediate training objectives will be for the trainees to gain the basic knowledge in**:**
– Introduction to photography, cameras, lenses and light room**.**
– Introduction to advocacy, types, activities, needs**.**
– content creation and basic writing skills
The training will last for 10 days and will host up to 20 per group of trainees**.**
2**.** Advanced training (The best 40 Beneficiaries who will pass successfully from Intermediate courses between males and females will attend this course); 4 Trainers will be set to provide the higher-level training for the beneficiaries who finished successfully the intermediate trainings. The advanced training’s main objectives are to provide the trainees with the necessary skills in**:**
– Video composition, editing and light conditions
– Advocacy organization
– Production of video content
– Advanced writing skills
The training will take 18 days and will host 10 per group of trainees**.**
Trainers for this group will be chosen based on academic knowledge and professional experience,4 facilitators will be there to support training provision; trainers will be creating the training material for the group based on knowledge, resources and the evaluation results from the trainees; they will also take into consideration the content of the intermediate training to support integration and eliminate redundancy**.**
3**.** Practical training/ Field coaching and support (In this activity, the beneficiaries from Advanced training which are 40 will attend this course); Trainees who finalized the advanced training successfully will be invited to produce content based on their own interest, they will be encouraged to work on ideas that are relevant to their community’s most pressing topics and problems to support community initiatives and accountability. Every 4 trainees will form a production team and will be supported by a coach to provide advice to the applicability and quality of the content being produced, each coach will accompany a team in their field production experience. In this activity, part of the benefices from previous project will be invited as coaches for the new beneficiaries**.**
Working teams and coaches will be provided with transportation compensation to facilitate their movement and will be using the project equipment to create the content they have chosen.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Prepare training methodology and modules in Arabic and English, considering the required hands-on approach and needs of the community and other local authorities in the target areas. The modules will be finalized in close consultation with Orange staff and will be based on prior assessments and lessons learnt from previous training. Training modules and materials must be shared with and provided to Orange staff before the expected launch of the training.
- Prepare hand-outs in Arabic to be distributed to the participants during the training (the hand-outs in Arabic must be submitted before the start of the training to Orange staff for discussion and approval).
- Prepare a simple pre- and post-training testing which will be used to evaluate learning progress of the trainees.
- Ensure all training materials utilized are shared with Orange staff.
- Benefit from and utilize already existing orange materials during the training (Projects Templates).
- Perform the training according to the topics and timeframe agreed upon between Orange and the training provider.
- Report on the results of the training, including trainees’ feedback on the quality and content of the training and training materials, and performance of the trainers; and trainers’ feedback on the performance of the trainees and their further capacity building needs.
- Submit a final report summarizing the methodology and content of the training and the feedback of the trainers and trainees (according to the above); analytical inputs evaluating whether the objectives of the training were met is required.
- Proven experience as a trainer in relevant topics:
a) Experience in photography using DSLR cameras.
b) The ability to transfer the concept and basics of photography to beginners.
c) Familiarity with all tools used in the manufacture and filming of short films.
d) The ability to understand and convert script into an expressive visual material.
- Previous experience in using participatory approach and practical methodology (“learning by doing”).
- Proven experience in inclusive approach and gender inclusion.
- Fluency in Arabic (spoken and written).
- Proven experience of work in community.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
· Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship is central to making partnership a success.
· Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
· Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
· Providing access to high quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
· Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. Orange reserves the right to change this document.
How to Apply
- In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please fill in the application form and upload an up to date CV and Cover Letter before 31 March 2020. Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline for submission of applications.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.