Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 6 months, renewable.
Location: Northeast Syria.
ABOUT THE MISSION
SI, which has been present in Syria since 2013 is dedicated to work on recently opened and challenging areas to provide lifesaving activities to the population affected by the conflict. Main current activities are related to emergency wash (water distribution and rehabilitation) and distribution of essential NFI (winterization) and cash. The mission is expanding through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI. The LEARN consortium (Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria.
There are 3 implementing bases in Syria with the coordination in Amman. The mission will reach a number of 60 expatriates and 340 national employees.
We are looking for a RRM Program Manager for our base called “AZAZ” in the NWS.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop the RRM component implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials
- Implement various stages of the project and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives
The priorities for the 2/3 first months will be:
- Coordinate with different humanitarian actors to identify gaps in needs
- Coordinate with the sectorial NES Working Groups for the design of the RRM response
- Recruit and train the project teams
- Develop SOP for Rapid Response
- Define and implement remote management procedures, as the team is split between two bases
Information collection and sharing : To define and develop guidelines and methodologies for assessments and assessments reports
Disaster response : To implement disaster response following assessment recommendations and with stock items available
- To develop disaster preparedness messages and to train the teams on their use.
- To monitor community trainings on disaster preparedness during distributions
- To implement all monitoring and evaluation defined schemes (KAP surveys)
Diagnosis and project design : Participate in the preparation and implementation of diagnostics
Implementation and operational monitoring
- Plan and oversee the implementation of RRM activities that (s)he is responsible for, both on-time and within the set technical specifications
- Plan the RMM activities with the support Departments (administrative, logistics), according to objectives
Propose and develop indicators for monitoring program activities and context
Capitalization : Write the capitalization documents in accordance with SI tools
HRM : Participate in validating recruitment for the national technical staff RRM,
Reporting / communications / representation : Share with the appropriate authority any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
- Knowledge of global (and preferably locally-adapted) Rapid Response Mechanism standards and practices
- A degree in a relevant field, including project management, Humanitarian Studies, International relations or equivalent.
- Knowledge of and practical experience in the development of training modules and methodologies for emergency response approaches highly appreciated
- Understanding of operational guidelines and project management tools, including notably budget management
- 5 years of field experience in humanitarian relief and/or development programs focused on emergency responses and / or RRM.
- Prior experience in Syria or similar context an added advantage
- Extensive experience in the identification and targeting of beneficiaries in complex context is a must
- Experience working in security-sensitive environments and enforcement of team security protocols is a must
- Experience leading large-scale operations in a remote area
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English
- Knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset
- Capacity to formalize project processes
- Capacity to train and accompany teams
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of guidance and supervision
- Proven diplomatic / representation and coordination skills
ORG CHART POSITION (REPORTING AND FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS)
- Line manager: Field Coordinator Azaz
- Functional manager: DCD Program
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: starting from 1980 € gross per month, according to experience (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD.
Vacation: during the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time-off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Security inside NES is volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context.
- To apply please follow this link: https://vacanciesiniraq.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your letter of application where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.