General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
As a part of the Verification Team of the Accountability Department, Verification Team Members support verification of existing beneficiaries to ensure that food, non-food item, cash and voucher assistance reaches most vulnerable families. Key functions of this position include:
- Verification (checking) of beneficiary lists as part of GOAL Syria’s verification cycle in Idleb;
- Carrying out home visits and collecting information through observation and interviews to verify household compliance with the beneficiary selection criteria;
- Communicating with Local Councils and Relief Committees and informing them about GOAL programme and GOAL beneficiary selection criteria; and
- Collecting the notes and comments from the field.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Contribute as a Team Member to Verification as outlined above.
- Security: support the Team Leader by providing security information and updates received from villagers and Local Authorities.
- Ensure that all stages of the verification processes and documents are filled in and given to the Team Leader on a daily basis.
- Assist the Team Leader with planning the daily and weekly work for the team.
- Provide information to the Team Leader for the daily update at the end of each day including:
- Security situation in the GOAL villages and neighbouring villages;
- Verification progress made during the day compared to the plan;
- Any difficulties encountered and how they were overcome;
- Community, Local Council or Relief Committee complaints;
- Status of documents and deadlines for the documents to be completed; and
- Observations about other organisations doing relief/ humanitarian work in the villages where GOAL works.
- Any other task required by the line manager.
In addition to the above, the Verification Team Member is required to abide by and uphold the Core Humanitarian Standards in the execution of his/her duties.
- university experience / (second year minimum)
- Ability to work inside Syria
- 2 year or more work experience
- Flexible about working long hours
- Detail oriented and strong clerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds, excellent relationship building skills
- Strong communication skills (written, spoken) in Arabic
- Availability to travel for up to 80% of the time, work and stay overnight in programme areas
- Prepared to work in an insecure environment
- Previous experience working with GOAL
- Computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
- Previous experience with beneficiary verification, selection or registration in an emergency context
- Knowledge of the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS)
- Then apply for this position via clicking on this “LINK‘ and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter) where (vacanciesinsyria.com) you saw this job posting.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Deadline to Apply:29th March 2020.