Post Title: Field Coordinator
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Azaz**,** Syria
Duration: 10 months (Full Time)
Starting: As soon as possible
Benefits: Competitive package**
Application closing Date: 12/08/2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Welthungerhilfe operates inside Idleb, Syria since 2017 remotely from regional office in Gaziantep/Turkey through implementing partners. WHH implements projects directly inside Syria since 2018, as well.
Welthungerhilfe set up an office in A’zaz, Syria in 2018 in order to start direct implementation of projects in the fields of emergency response humanitarian and relief aid. Ever since, Welthungerhilfe has distributed food baskets, food&hygiene and agricultural vouchers in the IDP camps in A’zaz. Welthungerhilfe aims to sustain the humanitarian aid projects and increase the resilience of IDPs in the region.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Project and the Project Officer in the Gaziantep office, the Field Coordinator works closely with stakeholders in the project location. The coordinator ensures accountability by developing functional and effective feedback mechanisms. The project aims to support the internally displaced persons with multi-purpose voucher distribution in/off camps to ease their access to food, hygiene and non-food items, with hygiene promotion and small cash for work activities. The tasks of the coordinator shall be:
· Organizing registration and verification process of beneficiaries in/off camps on time.
· Coordinating and supervising a team consisting of daily workers and assigning tasks to the team.
· Ensuring the implementation of the voucher distribution and redemption process goes as planned.
· Coordinate with the camp manager/s for a smooth activity process and update the project team regularly
· Supervise the vendors and follow up their contract process
· Conducting market assessments and monitoring prices throughout the project.
· Organizing facilities and venues for project implementation by considering COVID-19 risks.
· Liaising with local authorities in the locations of the project activities
· Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours sheets, budgets, and expenditures.
· Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports of the activity.
· Ensure consistency and coherence in the use of implementation and monitoring tools in collaboration with the project team in Gaziantep.
· Solving problems that arise in the field to complete the project implementation on time and report all incidents in the field to the Gaziantep office promptly.
· Chairing and facilitating meetings where appropriate and distributing minutes to all project team members
· Ensure the cash management by being responsible for the cash-boxes: the guarantee that the money is disbursed, and/or the advances given according to the rules.
· Regular cash reconciliation (ensuring that physical cash balances are matching cashbook records)
· Collect the relevant supportive documents regarding the expenses/purchase/payments done in the field
· Work in close collaboration with other members of the team to ensure an integrated approach to meet the other basic needs of the affected population
· Being in daily communication with Gaziantep project team via whatsapp and/or mail
· Undertaking other project tasks as required.
· Position open to Syrian nationals only
· Education: University degree preferred, a degree in economics, development studies or any other relevant field of study
· Work Experience: Minimum two-years professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Previous experience in voucher distribution activity and Cash for work activity
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing and Excel skills
- Knowledge file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision with the ability to deliver tasks timely.
- Experience working in insecure and remote locations and reporting to remotely located management
- Ability to build a network and work in a team under pressure.
· Social Skills; Ability to build a network and work in a team under pressure.
· Language Skills: English and Arabic highly required (written & spoken).
· Familiarity with Local Context: Candidates who have work experience and knowledge of the local context in A’zaz are preferred.
The Project Coordinator will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
How to Apply
- The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of duties to the following email address: [email protected] no later than CoB 12/08/2020.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & Cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
The subject line should read: Job Application – Field Coordinator (SYR1079)
A cover letter must include salary expectations.**
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.